PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL Conversion Exams
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 11:42
guitarboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Second Attempts result came within 4 months of my last flight. The First attempt was just 2 days after my last flight. I Planned it that way. So i kinda made it in time.

For ATPL if youve got the DGCA CPL + ME then you can sit for the ATPL exams right now. If not ME then you need 500 hours TT. Plus you need the ground class certificate or smthin. Im not sure bt the DGCA site says so.
Plus after written theres ORAL Exams. So well its a thorough process.Gotta get 70% in both.

Just fill the form and send it. But i dont think it'd be of any use right now if you dont have a job cuz then they are just valid for 2.5 years and say even if you start working you cant make 1500 pic hours in 2.5 years. for a Co pilot 1500 pic means around 3000 hours TT cuz then the hours get halved or smthin cuz the Captain is the Actual Pilot in command so... theres a whole calculation.

So its better you get a job first and then give the exams so in the same time frame you could get the requisite hours and then apply without the exams result lapsing.