PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - working in China
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 11:07
Todd_Kazanski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey TD,

I am thinking you might want to ask more specific questions, I am flying in China now, but I am not really sure what you want to know, those are some pretty broad catergories.

ATPL- There is a written (it is horrible), and a flight test to validate your ICAO state license.

Medical - They will give you a crazy medical exam that ranges from blood work, electrodes on your head so they can look at your brain activity, xrays, sonogram (looking at your liver and gall bladder), eyes, medical history, EKG stress test, and even a fun little thing where they have you walk around in a circle in your under wear so that they can look at your bone structure. Chinese State run hospitals are really nice!!!!

Crew coordinations - I'm sorry........What? Most of my FOs have about 300-800 hours total time, there is not a lot of "coordination".

Housing - I have a nice apartment. The $500 a month I get in my contract almost covers my rent. It is a two bedroom modern small apartment in one of the nicest parts of Chengdu.

Anything else?