PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 10:27
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If we are having some Christmas gripes and further tripe I may as well join the fray...nothing else going on so we may as well have a rant !

Forgotten about the goings on at PIK! BOAC of course stopped SN doing transatlantics from MAN - they were the first with the jet (707) whilst BOAC were still using Britannias. Then it was the turn of EI to get shafted as their 5th freedom services through MAN were curtailed (in the 70's or early 80s I think)

Suzeman...see also Pan Am and TWA...Northwest....and Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without recalling the continual BA spoiling tactics....

Eg Cathay start and lo and behold an angel appeared from the South in the form of BA, remember the short lived L1011 service and the comment....

"..it was always our intention to undertake this commitment to the North Of England blah blah blah "

...what a load of B*****Ks

As I recall the BA MAN - ISB service only started when PIA announced they were starting service ?

Air India wanted Bombay but were denied thanks to pressure from BA and offered Delhi, and as I recall didn't ALIA want another destination but were denied ?

All to protect the London shuttles...

Now history and most would probably be defunct now anyway !...

BUT as you say Suze...some of us do have long memories !

Never has an airport been in the grip of the stranglehold of one airline!!!!