PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More easyJet Pilot Slavery Deals - Oxford Aviation Academy
Old 19th Dec 2009, 09:25
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mate told me that the advisor to the orange board, the greek economics guy, said that Russian pilots were "the bargain of the century" and it was only a matter of time before they found the mechanism to employ them and so to "decimate terms and conditions across the UK airline industry", as he put it "to the great benefit of passengers - flying an aeroplane is no more socially useful than driving a bus and should be paid accordingly", so my mate recounted. The fact that this genius of economics is talking out of his *rse does not seem to bother the easy board who are, apparently, listening with rapt attention.
Sff,

Would you care to tell us who your mate is and what his source is? Also who is the "Greek economics guy"? We ought to know.

Meerkat Enterprises, having foolishly believed that the worst deal in the history of aviation had just been provided by CTC, are pleased to retract that statement as Oxford Aviation Academy have managed to trump that offer quite substantially. Last Friday OAA sent all its graduates a note, saying that they had worked an 'opportunity' for 20 graduates to start a self-funded Type Rating in January for 'a UK airline'. The airline in question has now been confirmed as easyjet. The deal on offer is £34000 for an A320 Type Rating and 75 hours line training. After this, the 'lucky' candidates will receive work for summer 2010 and possibly beyond. Needless to say, no money will be paid until AFTER completing the line training. Thereafter remuneration will be approx £50 per LFU for the first 12 months.
AdM,

Where is the evidence that this is the case? Likewise for the latest CTC terms "on offer"? Is there something, a link or otherwise, that you can post here so that we can all see it? It's not that I don't believe you, simply that we need to know the irrefutable facts, not rumour, if we are to mount a campaign to stop it.