PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobeSpan - 8 (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 09:13
Check Mags On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabincrewe

Little Blue
I agree totally with your sentiment, my lost post telling someone what I thought was removed, rightfully so by the moderators.
Lets say my language was colourful.

Cabicrewe, you say "no great loss"

On the 16th of December I found out that I had no job, no regular source of income and a christmas that was not going to be the easiest.
The only bonus was that the majority of the christmas shopping was complete.
My mum has agreed to pay for the last two presents that had been put away.
Some may say I should have not got those last two presents but it was their main presents and I would have lost the deposits.
And they are my kids.
I have not yet bought the present for my better half, she has said I don't need to and she can wait till times are good again.
This has brought tears to my eyes more than once.

On Wednesday night both my eldest daughter and my mrs were in tears.
The daughter insisted that her expensive christmas present should be returned and we could use that money to pay the mortgage/buy food etc.
I can not express how humble, proud, upset, and even inadequate (because I did not have a job, it was they who reassured me that it was not my fault) I felt.
Yesterday instead of getting paid a pilots salary, I signed on for the first time in my life.
The experience was not as bad as i thought, mainly due to a very pleasant and sympathetic fellow sat across the desk. But was emotionally quite hurtful, as I'm sure 600 of my colleagues can testify.

Globespan had it's faults, but the staff who worked there, were some of the finest people I have had the pleasure to work with.
We all did the best we could to get the job done, sometimes despite things beyond our control.

As for the future of flights out of Scotland, there is a few unique routes to fill, as for the portacabin in Hamilton.
It was a pleasure to pass through that airport. In and out for pax and crew alike with very little congestion.
And as others have said not everybody is going to Toronto itself.

So next time Cabincrewe think before you post, there are 600 people who have a very uncertain future, and countless thousands of passengers who have had plans and holidays spoilt.

CMO