PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod to go by March
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 09:00
Vage Rot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I don't understand is from where all the savings will come?

51 Sqn are keeping going so the old Rod will still need to be serviced, the Sim at ISK will need to keep going, NSG - not sure about what depth work is still needed on the R1, RTI work?

Usually there is economy in scale so you would, broadly, need the same support for the R1s as you would for the remaining 7 MR2s. Or have I got it completely wrong?

Also, what about the aircrew? The MRA4 being delayed, how many will hang about doing sh1tty jobs for 2 years waiting? Once all of the experience is gone then the potency of MRA4 will be somewhat dilluted.

The Herc can plug the SAR gap somewhat but what have we got to plug the ASW gap - if the ministers have been conned into thinking that Herc could do that then they are . The Merlin could do some but not to the extent that Nimrod can - and, of course, wh have hundredes of spare merlins!??

I fail to see the potential for big savings here Mr Brown but the biggest thing that has pi55ed me off is through out all the talk of cutbacks and savings, our benevolant country can still afford to dole out an increase in benefits when we have defaltion and, moreover, hand over the exact sum 'saved' by defence cuts in extra foreign aid!

Surely, if everyone who works for a living is expected to take it up the ar5e and suffer cutbacks, then the pikey dole grabbing b4st4rds can do the same? Or have Special brew and fags gone up that much that they need more of my hard earned dosh - You might as well just have it all you sponging useless Shame my wife is beyond child bearing age or we could set up a pikey sprog production line and live off the state forever.

As you might have guessed, I think it's time for a cull of the herd!
Rant ends
(But it felt good!)

By the way - Billy Speight - I applaud you Sir!! Those at ISK will know what I mean!