PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2009, 07:06
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again Puritan, yes, AL commissioned the contract, operable word being 'contract'. AEU merely responded to the contract, owing no duty or allegiance to AL pilots in Dublin or anywhere else. We live in a global village now, this is how business is contracted! Was it wrong for Swindon workers to start building Nissans, for Toyotas to be built in the UK? According to the logic of these viperous AL pilots, they should have declined these jobs as they are undermining jobs for Japanese car workers! And the Twinnings Tea jobs should not have migrated from Andover to East Europe! But they did, and AL was desperate to offload over-expensive pilot employment contracts to a foreign land to get out of their liability! Instead of asking why AEU did it (just another contract), you lot should be wondering have you overcooked the goose that was laying your golden egg (yes). It sounds like you are about to learn a lesson in economics, one of which is 'sustainable pay and contracts'. Your own company wanted you out- remember that. That's what this is all about. They have now decided to do things a different way. Who knows what the different way is- maybe it is surrender to you, but I think not. AEU kept to its side of the contract instigated by AL- we are very proud of doing our best to fulfill our contracts to the best of our ability. Take your beef to your own management, not here!

I do not have an insider's ear- I don't know the whys and wherefores, and have never been in the remotest way connected to any AL matters. I find the whole thing cynical and bizarre though. If you start something, you don't drop it after a couple of weeks. But it is all on contract anyway. AL will take its planes back, the staff that were taken on temporarily for this contract will not have any planes to fly. I have only spoken to them briefly once- all great chaps with enthusiasm, but AL has obviously had a better idea. You should fear the 'better idea', I suspect!

We're back on my pension, Stan? Very sad! Instead of discussing the point and your side of the argument, you resort to that as a way of 'demolishing' the opposition? It's private mate! I earned that honestly as part of my remuneration over 34 years, and contributed heavily in AVCs, and I'm still paying in. Nobody's business but mine (and the IR), and apparently a source of fascination for you! I could have put that money into property and business and could have been sitting on a goldmine, and nobody would have criticised private wealth and working on. But you have a curious fascination about it you just can't let go! I'm still on the right side of 60 and can hold a licence for another 5 years, so it is really none of your business what I chose to do! Let's drop the pension mate, shall we?

Kirk, I don't understand the significance of your point. AEU bid for and was awarded the contract by AL. With no experience whatsover of Airbus, and obviously no trainers, a new set-up was created to introduce the 320 into the fleet. We have one now as well as growing fleets of 737s and 757s, all crewed by highly enthusiastic (and experienced and loyal) pilots, and all planes devoted to specific contracts. So what were you saying?

Last edited by Rainboe; 19th Dec 2009 at 09:18.