PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Qantas Management waging psychological warfare on its staff?
Old 19th Dec 2009, 03:00
BrissySparkyCoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is very sad. I attempted to pay some attention to our manager at a meeting yesterday but quite frankly, I am one of the 30% of staff that is completely disengaged. I no longer wish to get involved in anything outside my primary job function which is to maintain aircraft.

Wind the clock back 10 years and it was a much better place to work. No BS about unit costs, LTIFR's, no moving forwards, no drawing lines in the sand, blah blah blah. 747 D checks were done in half the time it takes us to do a 767 C check.
Leave was rarely rejected. People rarely left and when they did, it was almost always an internal transfer. (try doing that now and there will be retribution for daring to transfer internally)

Oh, and we had flexibility back then.....only it was a two way street in those days.

Back then we had support when and where it was needed to get the job done to a HIGH STANDARD and on time. No brick walls. Very few irrelevant questions asked. Those days seem to be gone.

Is it any wonder that 30% of staff are disengaged.

Respect is earnt, it is not a given. It works both ways. When you are a leader, you need to set an example.

Perhaps their aim is to wear us down until we leave Qantas altogether without redundancy?