PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Qantas Management waging psychological warfare on its staff?
Old 18th Dec 2009, 23:27
73to91

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
A few months ago, I spoke to a guy who use to work for me, he left his job to work for QANTAS, he said, in his opinion, it was the chance of a life time, his older brother was a former engineer and he just wanted to work for QANTAS.

I asked him how it, QANTAS, was and he simple said, 'I left, the worst place I have ever worked and the worst manager that I have ever had.' I asked a few questions and he stated things like,
- manager was simply a bully,
- manager treated her new staff worst then the older ones and that was because the older ones simple knew more and ran ring around this newly graduated manager,
- new ones were told that they had to work back till at least 22:00 'because we are busy' no 'are you able to; or would it be possible to stay back a while, please?' (OK, no comments about working until 10, this was a Finance Dept job, and basically it's the 8 hours a day jobs that some people work).

Point is, I believe that this is happening at QANTAS - I catch up each December with other x staff and with some guys who are still there - a few of the former staff have said that they'd love to go back until we hear what the current staff say - and it all comes back to the 1st post.

Cheers