PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 20:33
c9m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Rainboe:

"Your own company 'did it to you'. AEU was just responding to a business opportunity, like several other companies were trying to do as well. It's business, get over it. Look to your own relationship with your own company now and try and see what you can do to rescue your employment opportunities. Stop transferring what you see as 'blame' to another company in another country. Who did this to you, and who is sharpening the broom? Having decided to take this direction, who 'changed their mind' and reneged on the contract.
Good luck if you think that FR is riding to the rescue. What do they need with 320s and vastly overpaid pilots? But that is their business."

I get the impression that the pilots (whose jobs AEU's management sought to poach) are under no illusion as to the role their own gaffers played in this current scheme. As far as I can deduce, none of EI's cadre bear any malice or ill-will to the hapless individuals employed by AEU for the A320 operation. With that out of the way, your post raises some interesting points:

1. AEU must have been the lowest, cheapest bidder in town. Does that speak volumes?

2. Since your pedigree for posting suggests that you're "in the know" on just about any topic: can you tell everyone why EI "reneged on the contract?" Or are you speaking in your euphemistic tongue again and you meant "reneged" on the contract. Having spent circa €9m for a service I'd want full bang for my buck - if that's not mixing currencies. I anticipate that that question's rhetorical for you - you seem to read and ignore posts from anyone that expresses a contrary view. But seriously, I'm sure that many people would like to know (beyond standbyils' BGO) why EI/AEU came to part? And, finally,

3. Is xenophobia encouraged at AEU? Or is it just an anti-Irish thing? Maybe AEU's tri-graph should be better as BNP? That you regard the hallowed turf of England's green (and in some places at least) pleasant land as "another country" - . Nice one!

c9m