PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 16:18
planenut321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airport is in a downwards spiral with Orlando, Belfast Intl, Barcelona and Aberdeen all lost within one fortnight. Reductions across the board with BE, WW, TOM, T3, TCX! Trust me at this rate we will become Durham Tees Valley take two......Well at least they can support an Aberdeen route.
I used to fly from Cardiff all the time and now I bearly fly from there once a year. I am flying to Palma in the summer with WW but don't know if that is even going ahead. Cardiff is losing out big time to Bristol and personally I prefer Bristol now-a-days as it's easy to get to, more destinations, and redevelopment is actually happening! At this rate Cardiff will whittle down to nothing with a few EDI, GLA and AGP routes. Kick out baby and bring in an airline that will make an effort!

Only 80,774 passengers were handled in Novemeber, down 19.4% on November 2008. With movements down 16.1%!

The 12 month rolling figure is 1,646,222, down 17.3% on a year ago. Which is nealy 500,000 people! It hasn;t been this low since 2002 when Bmibaby hadn't moved in yet. Fat lot of good they have done! Cardiff smashed through the 2 million barrier a few years ago and that will not be taken over again for a few years to come. This number will drop futher and I am not suprised if it hits a low of around 1,250,000 people.