PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African ATC
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 12:26
RadarMaggot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radar Pete

Again, preaching to the choir here...

ATCO's in South Africa will never stand together!! Never happened in the last 15 years and the future seems bleak as well. I hear laughter again coming from the western side...

I sometimes wonder myself why I do get "worked up" to challenge the present authority (and by this I mean the rules, regulations, procedures etc) as I am just sending my "moer-meter" and blood pressure into the red for nothing.

Working 3nm in the TMA - it will never happen in the near future because it is being pushed for from the ATC side and it makes sense . Maybe if the "initiative" comes from HQ perhaps?

Even the RET's at JS are still left unused - WHY PEOPLE????? How much paperwork do you still want to generate? Or are you afraid of putting your name on the "project" and fear for your position in the event of a "stuff-up"? Grow up and think towards the future! But again there goes my meter into the red... Is ACSA waiting for ATNS, ATNS waiting for SACAA and SACAA waiting for ACSA and ATNS - evil circle perhaps? Someone must be able to get the ball rolling.

Another problem we have that I'm sure other high capacity coutries don't have to contend with - the airlines and operators have too much say into what goes on in our airspace - if they don't like, it gets shoved!!

I've said it to senior managers and I will say it again: Traffic dictates traffic flow in the airspace, NOT THE AIRLINES AND OPERATORS! But again, it makes sense so it gets shoved...

Last edited by RadarMaggot; 18th Dec 2009 at 12:27. Reason: again the spelling...