PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 09:26
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by draughtsman99
How would you feel if your 'terms and conditions' are altered when you have based your life, mortgage and family on the conditions you signed up for 10 years ago?
The answer is I wouldn't be happy,but if the alternative was losing my job because my employer was heading towards insolvency then in the current employment climate I would try and reach some agreement with my employer. Which is what every other department in BA has done.

Have you made any attempt to understand this dispute? Putting aside the fact that it's not been proven in law that BA have altered the cabin crews terms and conditions (the issue is going to court next year) how will the CC's lives, mortgages and families be affected?? Are they being asked to take a pay cut? No. Are they being asked to work longer hours? No. Are there any involuntary redundancies? No. So why the outrage? You do understand what changes BA are proposing.......don't you?

As for the anti-Thatcherite rant, if you really believe that the current banking crisis is her fault 20 years after she left office, then you really are deluded.