PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2009, 08:47
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we need a little bit of sense injected here. It was AL that instigated the whole affair, AEU merely responded to a quotation request. We've seen (amongst others) over the last year XL and now sadly Globespan go down. AEU has every right to carve a niche in the aviation business just like any other company. The approbation heaped on it here is ridiculous- the AL pilots should understand it was AL that undercut them, because they were standing far too tall. What the future now holds for them and AL is presumably largely down to the Irish taxpayer or whoever is financing the excessive cost base of the airline- it is of no further interest or business to UKplc. As for AEU, it now operates 737,757 and A320 highly competitively. In period when many have fallen, it has had a really good year. All aeroplanes but the 320 (Ad hoc) are fully devoted to contracts, currently at least six. I hope with the sad demise of Globespan, further work may become available resulting in more employment on the very same types used by Globespan. The only aim of the game is to increase aviation employment and company profitability and benefit UKplc, but this idiot government is doing its best to suffocate UK aviation altogether, and I fear Cameron will be no better. Despite the stupid criticism, AEU comes out well- it followed the contract requirements. It seems AL, at a late stage had, had a big change of plan.