PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 23:50
draughtsman99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those of you rejoicing in the HC decision might like to read this very 'informed' comment from another forum:-

What I'd like to know is, why can't the Captain, Co-pilot and flight engineer help out and push the trolleys up and down serving tea and coffee on a long haul flight ?

These aircraft are state of the art fly by wire and operate on auto-pilot for the majority of the time in the air. Let's be fair, if the engine blows, the flight engineer ain't going to grab his tool box and walk out on the wing.
This is the level of informed? comment the BA staff are up against.

I have no love of BA and after a few bad trips with them will never use them again but this dispute is not of the union or CC making.
How would you feel if your 'terms and conditions' are altered when you have based your life, mortgage and family on the conditions you signed up for 10 years ago?

This reminds me of the Thatcher era when peoples lives were disrupted to please the 'Square Mile' with no thought to the disruption it might cause 20 years on. IE, the breakdown of the banking system because of Thatchers 'deregulation'!