PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 22:49
Itsasmallworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very disappointing...

Like a few other of the users on here I too was in at the start working closely with all the directors even handling the first few cabin crew job applications and dotting the i's of the first finance lease. I don't see any point in hiding that I was in charge of the airlines finances from inception to launch and for a few months after launch and worked closely with all departments - there weren't many employees at the time so I can guess who a few people on the forum are. Hello I hope you are all well.

TD is a passionate person who I admired for his drive and ambition however his stubborn refusal to listen to anyone during this period resulted in a number of decisions which were ridiculous. I left as he was impossible to work for which was a shame as the people there were great.

He seemed to find it difficult to take any advice and let's not even mention his sidekick during this period who was a waste of space. If he had a better sounding board the Flyglobespan may still be here today.

I'm not going to get dragged into the legalities surrounding cgr and the AOC - which flyglobespan had to reactivate - I know the full details of what happened as I was in several of the key meetings with the CAA but some people need to move on. I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong just that it is in the past and I suppose what has happened may give you closure.

JF, KN and DH were old school but they were all fully dedicated to Flyglobespan. They were also good to work with and were certainly not shy of work.

My overall feelings tonight are sadness for the airline and its excellent staff and confusion as to how this could happen. Unfortunately this is TD's second airline that has collapsed and I think his goose is now cooked. I'm assuming the banks simply said no more.