PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 21:41
clivewatson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not work for BA, and neither do I know much about the so called "negotiations" that have taken place related to salaries/working practices. However, it is patently obvious to me that the Unite union appears to be run by a group who are knowingly leading their lemmings to the cliff face.

If I don't accept my working terms and conditions, or think I'm being worked too hard for the money offered, I simply look for another job that suits my finances and time off requirements better.

Right now I could do with an increased salary, and sure I can always do with a bit more time off....but in this economic climate I am struggling to find anyone who will pay me more for less. That being the case I have decided to stay exactly where I am right now....knowing that I am FAR better off than those who have all just been laid off.

Which bit of the above does NOT make sense to anyone from BA who would actually agree to a 12 day strike and potentially jeopardise the .future of a company that is already bleeding losses?

If you lose this battle - you will for SURE lose the war. I'm not sure what your next job title will be, Lemmings or Muppets, you choose!