PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this the end for CHF?
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 20:15
Yeoman_dai

Location: See that little island just above France? Yeah, there...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does any discussion about SH always descend into a massive "my service should have all the SH assets because....XYZ"

To be honest, at this moment in time, I think the assets are pretty sensibly divided up, with specialities going to pilots who have gone through specific training - i'm sorry, but what RAF or Army pilot has gone through amphibious or specifically naval training? So how can you say they would be better trained to operate off an LPH? You can't. Just like it's probably best that the AAC keep Apache, as they understand the ground war that little bit better than their crab or WAFU counterparts.

WAFU's do amphib and ASW, AAC do utility and tank hunting, RAF do heavy lift for a land campaign. Why does that need to change beyond a need to have everything?

NB: Before the small minded among us throw the respective teddies a considerably distance from their prams, YES 'm aware of the who joint aspect, and YES i'm sure WAFU's can tank hunt, and the RAF can do amphib - all well and good. My point is that the individual services will probably do it that little bit better.