PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 16:28
XT668

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call 100 has it right. Perhaps you should all stop and consider WW's reputation. If he wins this one, none of you are ever going to be vaguely safe again. It is incredibly arrogant to assume that the CSD Dorises managed to persuade everyone else to vote in favour as though they're really the only ones going to be affected.
If a membership has that sort of support then there is more to it than most contributors on here know. Further, a strike is called to be won, not to pussyfoot about being polite. Now ineviatbly it will be longerdrawn out causing more pain to more people.

As for savings - I do a MAN - SSH trip AND BACK in a day in a 75 / 76.
BA go one way (777, faster etc) and slip for three days. In the name of Icarus how do you expect to make money with that sort of a business plan. Be assured, since WW managed to defeat the pilots, the next group was always going to be the CC. If the cart tarts back down, he'll just move onwards.

Finally, all this cr@p about their salaries. If you earn what you signed up for, why should YOU be the sacrificial lamb who takes a cut or works for nothing? You can be fairly sure that most of us have outgoings proportional to our income - it's not just that easy to say - "Hey yes, no problem, pay me less, let me help out with Willie's bonus...." Remember, all the current pay scales and deals were agreed by BA management and once you accept the principle that a contract is only good until it's torn up, it won't be any good grumbling when your turn comes around.

I'd love to know what Aer Lingus employees would recommend!