PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 16:08
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever the public rhetoric from BA, the ballot has concentrated minds. Too many people just live on press reports and don't really have any idea of the nuts and bolts of the dispute. (Which is why I won't comment on the reasons).
I think the Union cocked up by announcing 12 continual days of strikes. This is not good for company or union members. Whoever made that decision wants shooting. They should have just started with limited action with room to escalate if required.
That said, I take issue with those who moan about the disruption to the public over Christmas.. When is a good time to take action to protect your terms and conditions? In aviation whatever you do, whenever you do it, unfortunately the public will lose out.
It's about time the boot was firmly placed on the other foot. How wrong it was of BA to cause a situation that resulted in it's employees feeling the need to ballot.
It looks as if BA have realised they need to talk properly to the TU now, which is a good thing. So hopefully now all will be resolved properly to everyone's benefit...