PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus A320 Contracts
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 14:56
Lord Lardy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So , the Astraeus link has been severed. Aer Lingus will now need its own UK AOC to operate from LGW outside the EU.
It was never going to work, partly because they don't operate or haven't announed any routes that require them to use a UK AOC at this present time. I'm led to believe an application is pending. I predicted that this arrangement with Astraues would not work about a month ago on this very thread. I'm not going to gloat about the people who may lose their job as a result of it but it highlights the way Astreaus pilots were used mainly by Aer Lingus to try and break a Union. It didn't work, Aer Lingus have realised this and have severed the contract.

As for saying Aer Lingus are in a desperate state. Unfortunately that's an opinion from somone perhaps with a few sour grapes on board. Aer Lingus are not in a great state at the moment, but they are in a far better postion than most airlines in Europe. The restructuring will be finalised by the end of the year, and with that will bring a market consolidation with a new cost base.

Are we expected to roll over whilst foreigners invade in this manner?
Silly comment hardly worth replying to. I think you'll find the majority of pilots currently based in LGW with Aer Lingus are British. However, their nationality shouldn't matter regardless. It may be worth highlighting to you drag that there are 15 nationalities working as pilots in Aer Lingus at the moment. I'm sure on reflection you'll edit your post to remove that silly part of your argument.