PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 12:46
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSL the last time you personally attacked me on this topic a warning was issued by Flapsforty. I note Tightslot is off line at the moment so maybe I should remind you of what Flapsforty said as you seem to have forgotten it.......play the ball don't kick the player!

I am well aware LHR contracts are different and they are what I was referring to. I'm also aware crewing levels are different at LGW.

My point as you seem to have missed it through your red mist is that a LHR/LGW Pu is onboard for exactly the same purpose according to the CAA. They may well have different service responsibilities but does that really warrant a salary difference for the grade of over £20,000 especially in these economic times. The ironic thing is WW it seems does not even want to touch their salaries......he is just expecting them to work for it.

You want a bit of balance well how is this? One of my best friends is a Monarch PU at LGW. She earns a lot more than me but a lot less than your LHR colleagues. Many have been asked to take voluntary redundancy. She is currently working on a 8/4 contract and all PU's/No 1's have taken a 10% paycut. Some may have to work as main crew next summer. All this is to support the company in difficult times. They have not striked or whinged about it on public forums or in the press, they have just got on with it. A testament to their professionalism I feel.

So you feel I'm "spiteful" again another personal attack. Well for the record when I saw the shop you refer to on the Meridian news I was appalled. However you might also want to remember the televised scenes we saw the other day at the UNITE ballot for strike action......absolute jubilation!! Maybe he reacted to that.

BA crew intentionally jeopardising Xmas for it's pax and being so happy about is IMHO about as spiteful as it gets.

Also to all of you who have not supported this action which I believe you are one I truly hope you are all OK for the future. I feel for any crew whose jobs are in jeopardy in this economic climate.......unless it is of their own making. We are all lucky to have jobs at present.