PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 12:42
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, yes he is one of the victims. He's booked on one of our New York flights. And I can completely understand his feelings. However, the point I was trying to make is that he, unlike lowcostdolly, would probably not be aware that most of his BA customers are from LGW and have volunteered to work their days off and leave, to try to keep as many aircraft in the air as they can. Why would he know? He's not an industry insider and, presumably, can only go by what he see's in the media. That is not a criticism! Lowcostdolly, on the other, claims to be an industry insider and therefore does know better, yet can't wait to stir the pot.

I'd love for the truth regarding LGW to reach the media, so this gentleman and others like him, could be better informed, but the media aren't interested. There's no mind blowing figures to throw into the headlines. We're just a little base, usually forgotten about, doing our best to get our passengers, ourselves and ultimately, our airline through this disgrace of a dispute.

The only reason I even mentioned pay, for the first time I may add, is because lowcostdolly was implying that I'm sitting there, in my ivory jumpseat on 50K a year!

Originally Posted by Capot
Perhaps not; the point is that it didn't even occur to you to find out, did it?
And you wonder why I'm angry? You call me patronising, then make assumptions like the above!

Actually, lets change that. I'm not angry at all. I'm downright furious with the unions, along with being upset, scared and demoralised. It's not just the passengers that have been dragged into this dispute. There are a lot of hardworking crew and staff that are also stuck in the middle. I'm sorry if you have taken that as my being patronising.

Jsl