PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 12:16
david.craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Therein lies the huge problem facing an industry that eats cash at an alarming rate, chasing the slimest of margins.

Until the travelling public cease thinking that it's reasonable to pay less to fly to Spain than the taxi fare to the aiport there'll be more GSMs

So sorry for the people affected, specially you Littleblue. Good luck"

Its not that I expect the fare should be that low, quite the opposite. However for me when flying Ryanair it has been more of a 'why not' trip, prompted by the ridiculously low fare, a flight I would not have taken had it cost more. Having flew with them numerous occasions, all around the £10 mark, I'm reluctant to pay more with them. Why? Because the next day there could be a sale on offering the same seat at 1p.

It's not that I find a higher fare unreasonable, and when necessary will happily pay it on other airlines. Take Globespan for example, covering bucket and spade routes. Had the trip in question been a week long holiday, yes I would have paid far more than £89. But an overnight in Paris that is simply a cheap overnight - no.

I think Ryanair have set themselves up in a manner where customers will not accept high fares, as they've came to except such low fares. It's nothing to do with what's reasonable or acceptable, but simply buying when the price is right.

Last edited by david.craig; 17th Dec 2009 at 12:33.