PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 17th Dec 2009, 12:04
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There won't be no heli-pilots for much anything, especially there will be no tourism work if our ruddy one and a few other bleeding hearts get their way.

After they throw many billions of dollars from the working economies into the non working economies, there just won't be much heli-flying at all except for finding oil reserves. If you can't work that out then you haven't even started on adiabatic lapse rates have you?

Talk about mis-information around the place, I see where someone was slagging off at the british crown prince, who professes to wear a very green suit.
According to the slagger, he spat out 6.4 tonnes of CO2 on his way to address the copehagen conference in an air force royal flight aircraft.

Now I don't know what sort of jet he was cruising over there in, but I'll bet a sixpence to a can of coke that it spat out heaps more than 6400 kg's of CO2. Probably more like 6400 kg's of fuel - at least. now lets see times 16 isn't it????

If all of the ghoulish ETS freaks have their way, then when this ets bubble bursts it gonna make Fannie Mae and the recent meltdown look like kindergarten.

I see where one Indian company is suggesting the closing down of a very big steel works that it owns in Britian. 1700 jobs. why?

Well, it can attract a subsidy of 1.2 billion dollars to locate the factory in India because the poor souls in India are still a developing country, right. Now how long have India been developing? I ask you, a damm site longer than OZ or the Kiwis for sure.

And what happens? 1700 poms out of work, 1.2 billion given to some Indian company, 2000 or more Indians employed and NOT ONE OUNCE LESS OF CO2 PUT INTO THE atmosphere. i better stop there, do your bit sunshine and help control this madness.
cheers tet