PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 10:02
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowcostdolly
As I'm sitting here just about to cancel my flight over Xmas with BA to JER and booking with FlyBe at a much greater cost as we are now so close note to self now as SLF.....Never ever book with BA again even if they are giving away the seat which they practically were when I booked.
Considering how often you have waffled on about what you consider to be, our so called "unsafe" procedures, I'm amazed you'd booked with us at all. Then again, you've also said the same about so many other airlines that I guess you're running out of options!

Originally Posted by lowcostdolly
Granted a BA PU works a lot harder physically on the service on board than I do.....I am an EZY PU. My earnings last year were just under £22,000 including allowances but some of my role equates to what your CSD's do being in overall charge.

BA are not even trying to cut your PU pay of nearly £50K they are just asking that you work a bit harder. Some would say this is working Smarter.
Bearing in mind that you are flying LGW-JER, you will be well aware that we are on entirely different contracts to LHR. In fact, we have been working with the currently disputed crewing levels for the past three years. You will also be well aware that our salaries in no way compare to those up the road. Ancient Observer is pretty close to the mark for full time crew. You may be pleased to know that, as an EZY PU, you earnt more than I did as a full time BA PU. (Just over 21,000 last year inc allowances.) But never let the truth get in the way of a good story, hey lowcostdolly?

It's thanks to spiteful little people like you, those that do know some of the facts, but choose to focus on the headline figures instead, that we are now getting so much abuse as we go about our job. Did you know that there is a shop, local to LGW airport, that has put up a sign saying "No BA Staff" on the door? Ironically, his shop is frequented mostly by LGW crew, the very same crew that are, in the majority, not only working through the strike, but have also offered to also work days off to try to get as many people to their destinations as possible, including him! To a point, he can be forgiven for not knowing any better. You can't!

If you want to spout off, at least try to be balanced about it, lowcostdolly.

Jsl