PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Management Planet
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 07:05
A Comfy Chair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for you Qantas guys trying to stick a knife in the back.
We wouldn`t take those crappy 767`s, they would be a blight on our operation using our BRAND NEW, state of the art Airbuses.
Why don't you ask some of the QF 767 drivers who have been doing all the charters? You seriously think it isn't happening?

I have personally done one, and have 4 close friends that have done likewise. And it has been a lot more than just that. Initially it was SYD - HNL, now it is the domestic routes. Mine was MEL - BNE. And yes, a Citiflyer was cancelled to do it. Certainly doesn't help Qantas profitibility and definately aids Jetstar profitibility when you don't need to have normal reserve options or cancel flights.

As for cost - I'm sure it isn't nil cost too, but it doesn't need to be. I'll sure as hell bet it isn't at a commercial rate like for ANG.

In terms of Strategic crew - It'd take a matter of 2 or 3 days MAX to have them approved to operate Jetstar flights, and there is no cross crew problem if they just crew a whole flight with them. I hope you are ready for the fight and you don't just continue with the head in the sand.