PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2009, 06:52
niceguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rose tinted specs

Do they give out the rose tinted specs before or after the smoke filled cabin experience in training, i cant quite remember!

Reading this lot you would think aviation life is a big party, run solely for the benefit of cc, but it aint. this is a very hard, risky business with vast sums of cash required, immense numbers in every direction (both pax and bills), huge risks to anyone stupid enough to invest now and bewilderd unions who have no concept of the real world.

Having worked in a much hated 'management' role in the past I can tell you that most guys at the top put in at least 3 times the hours that cc put put in trying to keep the business afloat. Over the 4 years I had my job i wasn't once paid to stay over in florida or spend a few days in tenerife on the beach but was blamed, along with the rest of 'management' when we simply lost the cash flow war and the game was over.

The alarming thing to me reading through these threads is that the safety trained waiters could all do a much better job than 'the management' (so it seems), yet few even understand the basic truth that pax x price = revenue... revenue less cost = profit and these days there isnt any!