PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 23:27
ILoadMyself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And, still, CC @ Britain's "Favourite Airline" think they're hard-done-by?

Globespan used to make a shed-load of income from depositing fares with "the Banks". I know. TD hawked his credentials, less than elegantly, to an organisation I represented then, some years ago, whilst conducting a beauty contest of financial institutions

No doubt EZY and RYR did too. These are hard financial times for everyone except "the Banks", it seems. Banks are a protected species in "post-Princess Tone Broon's Britain". But EZY and RYR still survive and will prosper. The management are obviously focused on future opportunities. The recession will end, sooner or later.

GSM, on the other hand, may well have been less focused on future opportunities and more focused on the welfare of one man. If reports are true.

This from the Scotsmanland Daily Comic

"I flew with flygobespan just the once.

It's the only time the handling agent's scales at EDI have disagreed with my digital bathroom scales. 30 squiddly didd was wrenched from my credit card on that departure for Menorca.

As our family walked across the ramp it came as a surprise to find we were embarking on a Jet2 flying bus.

Many friends and colleagues have sung the praises of flyglobespan over the years and I can only attribute this to the excellent customer care of the cabin crews who indulge the whims of the self-loading freight.

The management at Colinton did not receive equal acclaim from a couple I met in Palma when their GSM failed to materialise one sunny Sunday morn to return its 180 pax payload to Auld Reekie.

Thoughts are with all staff let down by TD & Co a week before Christmas and the 3,000 pax stranded in foreign climes.
"

Someone will step into the breach and take up the routes, re-employ the loyal staff and fulfil the dreams of ordinary pax.

To TD - hope yer next one's a hedgehog. In perpetuity. Ad painful nauseam.

Last edited by ILoadMyself; 16th Dec 2009 at 23:33. Reason: I'm 4n4lly retentive! on is not the same as one. SLF- the human form of binary spellcheckers!