PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan into administration
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 23:07
GSM SCOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All crew have been informed !

I don't know who they informed but i don't know ANY crew member that was informed by the company.
The company let crew position to airports all over Europe this afternoon for the Scan ways contract that was to start tomorrow. When we landed we had text messages and missed calls from fellow crew members telling us the company had went into receivership, nothing from the company.
When we contacted the company we were informed that we would have to make our own way home as there was no money available to buy our tickets.
Right now there are crew out in India and Saudi Arabia who have to pay there own flights home.
The directors must have known that this was likely to happen but we were assured that all was well and it was business as usual.

The owner is ranked as the 7th richest man in Scotland, well Mr Dalrymple how about you paying your staffs wages that we are all due for last month. I'm sure you won't be struggling to pay the mortgage or buy Christmas presents.

Good luck to all the employees and work colleagues, its been a pleasure and i have lots of happy memories from the last 6 years.