PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth
Thread: Lossiemouth
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 22:32
NST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am from the far North of Scotland originally and out of my 13 years I spent 7 at Kinloss, just down the road but in the time I spent there the overwhelming majority loved the place. Don't buy into the "all Scot's are racist" idea, there are a minority who are ignorant brain donors up there but I served a tour at Scampton and both me and my new wife got a lot of abuse as one of the few Scottish couples on camp but I don't think all the English are like that. There is good and bad everywhere, and Morayshire is no different. Its a beautiful area and worth seeing.

If it makes a difference all the English guys I knew loved their time in Moray and a couple even settled there after leaving. You will find that the remoteness actually makes people bond together more compared to a camp in England where maybe most of the guys are within easy reach of home and disappear at a weekend. It certainly did during my time there. Plus it might be worth seeing it while there are still camps there to go to !!