PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 19:04
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skippy 1E wrote

MAN has more of a fine network and a connection to the world than BA ever offered.
It certainly does but no thanks to BA who were determined to stop other L/H operators at every step of the bilateral process with unbalanced demands. Luckily the UK DfT or whatever they are called this week, eventually saw through this after careful targetted lobbying by MAN and long haul services were allowed to come in.

In addition MAN put its trust in what BA were telling them future developments would be and responded (eg by building T3) , only to find it never happened - similar I guess to what happened later at LGW. A misjudgement by MAN in hindsight as no doubt other opportunities were not exploited because of this.

So you can understand Skippy, that there is a certain amount of resentment in the NW (and probably other regions too) over BA's actions and lack of real support over many many years. Whilst the words may have been supportive of the regions, the actions certainly weren't.

And don't forget all the staff at MAN and BHX and other regional bases whose lives have already been disrupted by BA's withdrawal of services.

I just get annoyed at the same old tripe regurgitated by the same old faces on here.
Thanks to Bagso's last response, I now realise that you are also applying to join the gang - certainly one of the same old faces - but I'm afraid that you are only halfway there as you are contributing new tripe to this thread. Please try harder.

Suzeman