PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 16:35
faerie flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recuitment MXP 2009/2010 - Cabin crew - What are they honestly looking for?

Hi all.
I'm applying for a CC position in Milan Malpensa, living just 40 mins away, even though I'm a Brit and I speak fluent Italian.

I worked for Emirates for 8+ years based in Dubai, leaving a few years ago as Purser to come back to reality and away from the sand.

I've tried on numerous occassions to get into EZY, almost always getting to the personal interview part, where the last time I was told that they were looking for 'real people'. (I had to pinch myself to ensure I hadn't turned to stone after that comment)!
I studied hotel and catering management and have almost 20 years experience in customer services. I'm 36yrs old (is that too old for EZY?)

Anyway, anyone know what it is that EJ are looking for in their candidates then if it's not experienced flyers with customer care experience? Reading some of the comments here, it seems the less you actually care about the job the more chance you have to get in? Hmmmm, maybe that's why I can't get in? (Which seems absurd, good enough for Emirates, but not good enough for Easy? )

Does anyone who's recently done an assessment day, remember those 5 or 6 essential 'qualities' they deem to find in each candidate? Or for those who fly for easy, could you tell me more about the MXP based contracts, is it true they are now only temporary? Which means, you do 4 weeks training at the start of the year and by October, you're let go....?
More info the better...thanks all.