PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Keystone Kops Go flying!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2002, 16:21
RotaDish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Max,

You speak a thousand truths!! I know a lot of F16 / F18 / F15 drivers who have foolisly thought an F3 was easy meat! even when armed with SkyFlash. Here's an idea, match the weapon to the sensor............Fox Hunter, JTIDS etc give a RAP (No WE I'll not explain what that is) second to non, here or overseas, in a fighter sized aircraft. However, that wedge of cash that "TL" needs a lighter for, may be better spent on colour TvTabs and a HMS.

WE- If you ever go north of Doncaster, you'll find the phrase "a bit fat" used a lot. It is kind of a joke, and generally doesn't refer to a persons actual weight (although it can), it is a way of saying "Fat in the Head", ie a cranium filled with glutinous fatty tissues, rather than the complex matrix of nuerons, nerves and grey matter that anyone who flys Her Majesty's finest fighters have! or, to a lesser degree, those of us who fly (or have flown) F3s!!

So, finally we have outed this scandalous text as total fiction. The question still remains, when will the F3 have "Full Up" AMRAAM? If the EuroFolly progect is progressing as well as I expect, we'll need it! Also, giving the F3 the best ASRAAM capability possible is probably more critical, since this would make up for some of the airframes turning limitations (Although it will easily out turn a SHAR!, and Jacko...a Jag!)

For Current F3 Mates: Imagine a "weapons tight" VID on a pair of SU 27s (or Mig29s)............tricky Eh?

Rota