PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 15:50
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Skipness

Clearly we are not worthy....!

However for your benefit I will clarify that this is an open forum and basically you can post whatever comes to mind, BUT if you are going to challenge a posting please to try to read the postings thoroughly first, reading is so important !

Since when was offering seats on an aircraft a civic duty?

Where did I suggest it was? BA pulled out of Manchester and centralised on Heathrow, good luck to them, it was a commercial decision, I merely pointed out that because of this, the impact would not be as great as it might have been a few years ago ! I wasn't suggesting that Manchester has a divine right to be served by the national carrier, but fortunately as a number of airlines have successfully replaced them, it does suggest that they missed an opportunity, and as a result the impact on Manchester will by comparison be negligible!

You seem to be suggesting that the term "abdicate" used in the context of my posting implies "offering seats on an aircraft a civic duty "

Definition of the term adbdicate To forgo, To surrender, To give up, To abandon, To relinquish.....

Er....no. Join the 21st century. Loads of people will be screwed over by this with families trying to connect to flights from LHR and LGW from MAN.

Never suggested that either ! To suggest I am gloating as a result of this
is clearly puerile nonsense !

If you really want to see tens of thousands of good men and women out of work because of a militant uion (its union) bagso then you really are a pathetic shallow piece of work. Perhaps you should write "Serves you right" letters to the kids? Dear God man!

..... clearly you need more clarification, very tiresome !

It was 92% of those quote...good men and women who voted to take this action, knowing full well the consequences, do please enlighten us with your wisdom as to how on earth the result of a "freely taken vote" can be blamed on the union ?

...at least if they do go down the pan the impact at Manchester will be modest !

er true again ...sorry but I am more interested in the commercial impact on Manchester than Heathrow and Gatwick ! The observation was made in the context that the hysterical media were quoting this is a "national disaster which will affect us all ... it won't !