PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 13:28
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I'm sitting here just about to cancel my flight over Xmas with BA to JER and booking with FlyBe at a much greater cost as we are now so close note to self now as SLF.....Never ever book with BA again even if they are giving away the seat which they practically were when I booked.

The service on FlyBe on this route is delivered with much better grace and much newer aircraft but for a 35 minute flight I don't care about that. I just want to get from A to B reliably and preferably cheaply. I put price above reliability on this occasion.....never again.

Wake up BA crew who voted yes!! You are nothing special. As CC we are all paid to be on board for what we know and can do in an emergency situation. As such we are all trained to the same standards as laid down by the CAA so therefore should all be paid the same according to our grade.

Granted a BA PU works a lot harder physically on the service on board than I do.....I am an EZY PU. My earnings last year were just under £22,000 including allowances but some of my role equates to what your CSD's do being in overall charge.

BA are not even trying to cut your PU pay of nearly £50K they are just asking that you work a bit harder. Some would say this is working Smarter.

Wake up People......the dinosaurs were obliterated by one meteoric strike. Their seems to be a lot of dinosaurs at BA......!