PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2009, 13:12
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
In any Industrial Action, the individuals involved "dig their trenches" and effectively closer thier ears to the other side.
They also become emotive, and far more attached to the "cause" than to any rational reason for doing what they are doing. I'm afraid that it is not nice to hear the word "hate", but parties to serious IR disputes do tend to grow more hateful to each other over time.
(All this is well researched - Google John Purcell, who's forgotten more about IR than most of us will ever learn).

However, in the case of some BA CC - but not many, I guess, their distance from the reality that their pax currently "enjoy" is astounding.

There is one in The Times this morning with arrogance that knows no boundaries. "This is BA, not Easyjet, you know".

Talk about living in the past! Easyjet's Cabin service in the back end is, and has always been, far superior to BA's. I've experienced both, and EZY's is much better.

BA CC like that need to fly EZY to find out some facts. ...........and, of course, EZY is at least as safe as BA, and has newer/better planes.