PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 20:57
jethrobee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just despair! The threat of the strike is doing enough damage to the airline.

I was recently wobbling and took a trip to Australia on Cathay, rather than BA. I have had a BA Exec Gold for 10 years. I have flown 4 times with BA in the last couple of weeks, once to Boston, which was back to being fabulous, and I have just got back from Edinburgh, the crew were again fabulous, despite the backdrop of a cabin full of people reading the newspapers.....

I have to say, I am looking at booking my first trip of the new year in January, there is no way i'm going BA. I just don't trust the union, 12 days of strike is just unbelievable, I like most others cant afford to take the risk.

Most other industries are taking pay freezes at best and pay cuts at worse, its not like BA CC are having anything cut, they already earn DOUBLE rival airlines, where are they going to work when they get their way and the airline goes down the tube? Do they expect someone else to walk in and take over the airline and not change their T&C's to be more in line with the rest of the industry?

I'm just so angry about this situation, as you can probably tell. It just makes no sense, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.