PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 19:59
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Stop name dropping
Sorry, I didn't realise we were posting on a BBC website.. - finally a use for that 'smile.'

Anyway, it could be either the orange low cost airline or the national airline of Germany. I think that is diplomatic as I can make it...

Am I right in thinking that going back to a one stop B77W to Singapore is a good move?
For the passenger and the airline it becomes a completely different ball game. When comparing EK's 77W, QR/EY A330s and the 77E of SQ, the latter was far behind for the level on board service and considering SQ are seen as one of the trend setters, it was a bit of a disappointment. Now they have shot straight into number one spot.

Also, as has been mentioned on a number of the ULH flights, they are becoming less lucrative for the simple reason of they are burning fuel to carry fuel. The SIN route, although not considered as an ULH route, was quite a distance for the 77E. This meant it was, as mentioned above, burning fuel to carry fuel. Maybe the stop will help with this.

I think the B77E direct has issues it seems...great news nonetheless, the SQ B77W is an impressive machine.
The 77W overall is an awesome machine, especially with the, I hate to admit it, GE engines. They are HUGE. Also, as mentioned above, the onboard service is second only to their own and EK's A380s.