PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 18:51
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTCs and TREs, stop doing training
Can't see that happening. You lot weren't looking out for the next breed of FO's when you took this offer so why should experienced guys who didn't buy a job ( or attempt to) put their neck on the line for you? Besides if it did no doubt CTC would start selling LTC packages to unsuspecting fools, only £120k and you'll be a line trainer! Remember that yesterdays CTC cadets could be tomorrows CTC Captains. And this is where the cancer creeps in. Once this starts to happen there really will be no going back. There could be entire bases filled with CTC zombies, all earning a pittance and all able to bend over at a moments notice. And all with so much experience to fall back on from their commands in previous TP or biz jet jobs!!!
And once the company achieves this there really will be no hope for future terms and conditions. I wonder what they will start charging for a command course soon?!
there are not enough hours in the day to make enough money to live and pay HSBC working "normal" jobs
There probably is if you want to. you probably need 1k for the loans, then a few hundred for food etc. Live at mummy and daddys. Gross of £22k should be more than adequate. Anyone can earn this if they work hard enough. But then by your attitude John you want it all handed to you on a plate.
flying air taxi etc. before joining an airline, I simply ask why?
Hmmm if you have to ask? Because it is desireable to have some experience to fall back on. Because one day you may be in the LHS ( at what cost!!!!) and have to make hard decisions based on previous experience. Someone mentioned earlier that everyone passes an LPC so is equal. Well maybe we can all fly an ILS on one engine, but if I was a pax on an orange bus and heaven forbid the skipper keeled over I would much prefer the FO to be an ex TP skipper with a few thousand hours on his first day on line than a CTC cadet with 200 hrs in a plastic twin. Who is sleeping in his car because he can't afford a flat because he is paid hourly. And owes more than he earns.
Suffice it to say, if the CTC route had not been available, I would not have contemplated flying as a career
That's a shame. The best operators I fly with are without exception the guys who love flying and couldn't contemplate doing anything else. Other guys spend all day bitching and moaning, and are to a man a crap day out. Perhaps you are best out of aviation altogether. When the chips are down, you're having a long horrible day and you can't afford a pot noodle, if you can't at least take some pleasure in living the dream then you are wasting your time. Go bankrupt and work in tesco. That's easy!!