PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 18:37
Wodka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What really concerns me is the precedent that is being set here and the resultant damage to the traditional career path.

I am currently para dropping and am really enjoying it. I slogged my guts out working for 3 years to save for the fATPL and simply do not have another £30k to spend on a TR at the moment. I am quite happy to work my way up the ladder and 'do my time' but now am starting to think - is there any point any more? ...am I still just going to hit a wall at some point and be asked for £30k regardless of how much air taxi / turboprop etc experience I might have acquired?

I don't really blame the cadets, they are in a tight corner. I blame the greedy, selfish management who are only interested in profits and there own bonus. This is not just an airline industry specific problem. It's part of a wider fundamental problem with capitalism which is slowly destroying society as we know it.

Only co-ordinated, specific, firm action from the likes of the CAA, BALPA and highly influential senior training captains will put a stop to this imo.