PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 17:53
Survival Cot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP and DFO

In some respects I am sad to see these guys go, without question deeply committed and hard working men.

However, bmi pilots now desperately need strong and inspirational new leadership and I sincerely hope the new structure that emerges next year is able to motivate a down trodden workforce.

I also hope new personalities with increased expertise and better man management skills are brought into the frame, maybe from within the ranks or externally.

It is widely viewed that the Fleet Managers in particular are extremely poor at motivating the guys. Indeed whilst their documented remit includes this requirement, over many years they have simply failed due to no structured strategy for motivation, with resultant weak leadership. Communications are mostly through poorly written notices, thus large elements of the men and women don’t even know who they are. Leadership is not about lambasting these men and women.

The men and women also don’t need consultation meetings that will not deliver facts on redundancy. They need clarity whether it’s good news or bad for their family’s sake.

I believe now is the time for high calibre "people centred" professionals to take a grip and lead this community..

Let’s hope………