PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 15th Dec 2009, 17:36
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smith, yes, well done. You are showing perspective. I hope it is a change of character and indeed not for the benefit of your reputation on pprune?

By the way, who is it that you work for?

Mr Beak

The very fact that the both of you give credence to this player/ game model to me shows you know that what you are doing is not right. It's an expression used by people who are comfortably arrogant that they are doing something they know is wrong, but they are benefitting from it so they don't 'care' for peoples opinions. It is an expression used by people trying to shift the blame or responsibility.
Sorry, been away from this for a while. I have been discussed this point before. I have said what has happened to the industry resembles a great pile of steaming excrement. At the same time I state that it is here to say. And everyone else that takes a similar viewpoint to your own are completely correct. I have contributed to the rot. There will always be reasons for and against. Let me once again explain my reason.

I will always acknowledge that there is balance to a constructive arguement. Whilst I understand the underlying reasons for earlier rants, I can't however see beyond what is occuring here. To say I am comfortably arrogant about it isn't true either. Arrogance is one of the worst traits that can be adopted by any human. I could never be comfortable with arrogance and anyone who feels the necessity to demonstrate it can go **** themselves royaly! I neither feel comfortable. Not in the 'true' sense of the word. Anybody who feels 'comfortable' in this industry are either naive, apathetic or just not that bright. I am however comfortable with my decision. Largely because it has worked well for me so far. You also have to accept that it isn't without its consequences. When in Ryanair you must maintain an open mind and be prepared for any eventualities. People who strut around this company who believe that they are immune to everything need to wake up. Those who show reality don't generally end up disappointed.

As for other viable routes. There aren't many left. If there were, I and thousands upon thousands of others would have been all over them. And that's not to say that I personaly didn't try. I swam in a holding pool, I ferried aircraft, I embarked on a FIC, I sought out a non-paying safety pilot role; I even turned down a job with t&cs that made absolutely no economic sense for both me and my family. Future options were non existant. Unfortunately the likes of Ryanair know this. Many others have caught on to this fact as well.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 15th Dec 2009 at 21:24.