PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 16:15
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talked to the Executive Club

After been on hold for a half-hour, I got through the the Executive Club. I had resolved to be as nice as possible to whomever answered because they obviously would not be having a good day. I'm travelling on redemption tickets which are 'flexible'

Got a fairly stressed out young lady and asked her about my return flight from Los Angeles on the 2nd. (I had already tried on-line to change it but the first flight available was 19 January). She said they had no information and could not say if it would operate or not. She couldn't say when she would have more information and hinted that they really didn't know what was going to happen. She couldn't find seats before 19 January and suggested I was better off holding on to what I had 'for the moment'.

So, were booked out on the 21st, but if our return doesn't look any better than that I'm going to cancel the whole trip.

I seriously doubt BA can survive 30M pounds a day for 12 days, meaning that we're stuck in LA having to find a flight back (the cheapest I've been able to find was about $2000 each on Air New Zealand). I'll probably lose the price of a couple of internal flights and I expect I'm going to lose my Taxes, Fees and Charges for my mileage tickets.

Now what would you do? Take the risk that the strike won't happen, or if it does that BA can survive?

I was nice to the young lady, but I am furious at both BA and the CC for letting it get this far. Frankly I don't care whose fault it is. For the future - ABBA Anything But British Airways.