PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 14:24
greywind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My suggestion would be...........get a job. Hardly ground breaking.
me silverknapper's a genius, don't worry lads you can just get a job!

To service the stupid amount of debt we shouldn't have taken in the first place you need to be earning around £25K a year so that after tax you have enough to give to HSBC and leave yourself with something circa £2 a month to feed yourself and live off. That is well beyond a lot of people in the hold pool, especially when a new employer says so what have you been doing with your past two years?

After all it's what a lot of us did to become pilots in the first place - those of us who really wanted it and not just took a liking to it because it looked easy and hassle free and we got to sit in a nice shiny jet at the end of it and tell girls we were pilots.
It's what a lot of the people who went to CTC were willing to do, but they thought hang on I can join CTC and not have to put myself through all that, wrong or right that's what we did. We paid for all the training that everyone else pays for, we just didn't spread it out over such a long period and we took on what looked like a not very risky debt at the time.

You just have to have the balls to want to do it and not hide behind lame excuses like the big bad nasty bank gave us the money, big bad CTC are trying to make even more money out of us. Deal with it.
Bankruptcy is the cowards solution. Don't kid yourselves that you are teaching HSBC a lesson, or you are hard done by - IT IS YOUR FAULT.
I personally agree with you on this one, we aren't teaching HSBC a lesson, they won't care. I'm sure during this recession they've written off more debt than our training loans.

But all this has made me realise why I haven't been on here for a while, not much constructive happens on this forum without it degrading into a tit for tat type arguments of which I'm currently participating in. I didn't come on here to cry about everything, I knew the risks when I took the contract as did every other CTC cadet, but we're here to say right this has gone to **** and it WILL effect others, so what can we do about it.