PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threats (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:56
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a Gold Card holder on BA, I was surprised when I went to Rio this past September.

I travelled on the Monday from LHR, arriving in Rio the same day because of the time difference. The flight was good and the CC were, as usual, friendly and joking but with an underlying professionalism. I worked my guts out for three days and somewhat shattered got back on the plane on the Thursday night. I was stunned to get a tap on the back and see 'my' hostie from Monday address me by name, hand me my favourite drink and ask how I was. I said, "wow you guys really work hard.. four longhauls in three days" (thinking they had been back to base and back to Rio again - theoretically possible). Shrieks of laughter. They'd been on the beach, sightseeing, sugarloaf, etc etc. For three days. Nice hotel. Pool. Fed and watered. A bit of spending money. "Tell me you are winding me up" I said. But no, it was true.

Time for both the CC and Unite to get real. You cant kill the cow to have roast beef today and expect there to be milk tomorrow.