PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:44
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually sparksy83 i believe quite a few in the banking industry predicted what has happened, try mervyn king for starters didn't he warn Alistair Darling that all was not good but was ignored. The level of unsecured lending to the entire 'Jerry Springer' and Jeremy Kyle' audience was always going to end in tears.

I must say even the name 'cadets' irritates me, at least MOL calls them contractors. That is what they are, this is cheap labour that is ripping the arse out of T&C in the industry. If you take the risks and you end up RHS of a nice jet on a proper contract then good for you, but if you try to skip the queue and then it falls apart, well such is life.Im all for striking to improve T&C but its a bit hard to fight for people that lose money on a huge gamble and cry when the horse falls at the last hurdle. There are hundreds of experienced and rated guys that are being shafted due to CTC/BRK contractors. So many Thomsonfly, Excel, Virgin etc. pilots without work, for these i feel alot of sympathy. This hopefully could be the end of CTC/BRK contractors as the banks clampdown on easy credit. Good riddance. If you have some passion for aviation then surely you would would be eager to experience all facets of it particularly the less glamourous side like light twin flying,instructing,turbo prop, military not just straight onto an A319/737 with a pair of raybans on your head.

Last edited by blackred1443; 15th Dec 2009 at 12:57.