PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cottesmore to close
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:34
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the local government offices this morning to sort out an Inland Revenue demand for National Insurance payments that I had already made. There was a young foreign woman in there, accompanied by her social worker, to complain about her free school dinners being withdrawn. There is a high rise apartment block in the town centre that is completely occupied by "asylum seekers" and "travellers". It often seems to me that the reason we can't afford to pay for the primary services of state - Defence, Law Enforcement and Public Health - is because so much of our taxes are used to pay for services to the ever growing underclass formed by economic migrants and our own "single-mothers" and dole dependant drop-outs. In several years of working in other people's countries I have yet to find a single one that provided non-citizens with free health care, free education, or indeed free anything. We've becoma a paradise for parasites to the extent that we can no longer defend our shores - despite our government's penchant for interfering in other countries' internal affairs.

I'm out of breath; Rant over.

P.S. and they still want me to pay four years' N.I. contributions a second time unless I can find the P60s from 1989-1993. You've all kept yours of course, haven't you?