PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:30
greywind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual there's a lot of name calling and s**t slinging going on, but well I guess people are passionate.

I especially like -

You didn't read the small print, nor have any regard for the fact you were signing up to a level of debt which would be unmanageable given an economic downturn, which lets face it was forecast and bound to happen.
Would that be the same economic downturn which people working in the banking industry hadn't predicted? Oh right yeah, that would be the one, that happened about after I and plenty of others started at CTC?
Personally I did read the small print, there was no guaranteed offer of a job, I knew that and I am now fully prepared to declare myself bankrupt when HSBC come knocking accept the consequences. But looking back now the level of lending was irresponsible and should never have been offered without the guarantee of a job at the end. I am just glad that my loan is on an unsecured basis and cannot believe that there are those who are now entering the scheme with loans secured on parents property, but that is a decision that is theirs to make.

However whether you agree with what has gone on or not it may still effect everyone within the industry so just sitting back and revelling in the problems of current CTC cadets will do you no favours if these kind of changes start to have knock on effects for other peoples contracts.