PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet/CTC Cadet Pilot Slavery Contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2009, 11:07
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when I was at uni and CTC first appeared, I considered it, and thought better of it. Even back then i am pretty sure it said you would get a job 'if an airline needed you'. I have always been cynical enough to think about the worst, and take precautions.

People going into ctc/oxford and et al need to have their eyes wide open to what you get told by them. They are a buisness, they make profit. And in case you havent worked out they make that out of you.

If people are still going to CTC they want their heads tested. Absolutely mental.

To those offered the contact, walk away. Get a job that pays you money, even outside of aviation and walk away. If no one takes up these pathetic offers, these offers will stop appearing. Whilst people continue to accept, guess what, next year those offers will worse, and when you get to the expensive salary (3rd yr) you aint gonna fly, your too expensive, bring in the next zombie. Simples.

To those that are about to go to a CTC open day, dont. Cancel it. Dont even go to the assesment. Dont listen to them say 'now is a great time to train', its not. When the supply demand curve then is able to equalise out start training, there should be better terms then. Its all about market forces. Its not down to them to stop taking people on, they are just trying to make money, its down to YOU not to apply. To use your better judgement and not give them more profit.

Yes i know you want it. Its all you have ever wanted to do. Same with me. I first went solo 10 years ago and I am still working towards getting training completed, debt free. Then when you pass it all without the likes of ctc you can be proud you worked for it, are debt free, and will be able to take a lot more options with no debt. A 30k job with no debt aint that bad, but with 100k to pay off..thats another matter. Taxi to beachy head anyone...